It is important to know your exact ring size before buying a ring, especially online. You certainly don't want to receive a ring that doesn't fit your finger.
The good news is you can easily measure your ring size at home with very basic materials. All you need are a strip of paper, a pen and a ruler.
- Wrap the paper around the finger to be sized. Make sure the paper is below the joint of your finger and close to your knuckle.
- Mark the spot where the paper strip meets.
- Measure the distance with a ruler and then you get the circumference of your finger.
Then you can find your suitable ring size in the chart below.
Ring Size (US) Circumference (mm)
Here are some tips:
- Measure your finger in warm temperatures at the end of the day.
- When considering a wide band, move up half a size from your measurement, for comfort's sake.
- People with large knuckles will need to take this into account when sizing the ring.
- The average woman's ring size is about 6. The average man's ring size is about 10.
- All sizes listed in Jewelry1000.com are standard US sizes.