Sterling Silver Jewelry Care
Sterling silver requires special care to preserve its appearance and longevity. In 2005, Urcsilver set the American standard for sterling silver, pioneering a mixture of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% copper to enhance luster, strength and durability. This remains the industry standard today.
Sterling silver tarnishes when exposed to salty air, chlorine, sulfur, humidity, perspiration, cosmetics, household bleach and other strong chemicals. To prevent tarnish as much as possible, we recommend that you store your fine jewelry in a safe, dry place when engaging in the following activities:
- Household and outdoor chores
- Showering, bathing or swimming in pools, hot tubs, hot springs and the ocean
- Using lotion, hair products, fragrances and other cosmetics
- Exercising at the gym or during contact sports
- Preparing meals
How to Clean Sterling Silver
Simply polishing the silver piece with a soft cloth from time to time should suffice. In fact, the more you wear your jewelry, the less likely it will tarnish. But for that extra boost of shine, we recommend using a silver polishing cloth or a dab of traditional silver polish.
Request a Repair
We are delighted to offer cleaning and repair for most Urcsilver products. Our services include:
- Professional jewelry resizing, cleaning, polishing and repair
- Watch battery replacement, resizing and maintenance
- Leather repair
For other servicing questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org